Monday, February 13, 2012

Drama Review: In Time With You 「我可能不會愛你」

I had been wanting to post this for a while now. And this is my first review so just...bear with it? 
(You don't have to read it or anything either.)
I recently finished watching the drama 我可能不會愛你 (In Time With You)

The story revolves around a guy, Li Da Ren (李大仁) and a girl, Cheng You Ching (程又青) who have known each other and have been best friends since high school. Da Ren and You Ching went to the same high school and the same college. Since high school when Da Ren told her that he would never fall in love with a girl like her, You Ching has never thought that Da Ren had feelings for her. Therefore, they had always treated each other as confidants and best friends. 

However, as time goes on, and now that both of them are approaching the age of 30, Da Ren realizes that he had always been in love with You Ching and that the times he disliked her were the times she had boyfriends. The story revolves around You Ching and Da Ren making a bet about who will be able to get married first. Then You Ching's ex-boyfriend, the one she truly loved in the past but had done her wrong, Ding Li Wei (丁力威) comes back asking for You Ching's love again. 

I won't spoil the plots or the story but just know that it's actually amazing.



Cheng You Ching - Ariel Lin
She's motivated, self-driven, and incredibly work-oriented. 
In real life, she would probably make an amazing manager because of the way she sticks to deadlines, cares about her workers, and tries really hard to satisfy the demands of others. 
Ariel Lin had always been an amazing actress to me. In [In Time With You] she really has grown up and acted like the mature woman she is. 


Li Da Ren - Chen Bo Lin
He's warm and a true gentleman. He's always there when You Ching needs help and just overall, an amazing person.
This is the first drama I've watched with Bo Lin and I have to say, he doesn't tickle my pickle. He's a good actor, I'll give him that, but he's just not attractive (and if you're the main character, you gotta be attractive!)
Of course, we all know that the main female and male leads are going to get together in the end, but I truly wished that she ended up with her ex-boyfriend instead of Da Ren.


Ding Li Wei - Sunny Yang
He's manly, driven, and overly possessive. 
I would like him in real life. And not to mention, he's extremely attractive. I guess when you have two overly driven and possessive people together, it's just hard to make a relationship work. But I have to say, this is the second drama where I've actually fallen in love with the 2nd male lead rather than the 1st male. (The first time was in Goong with Kim Jeong Hoon).
Sunny's first time acting and I have to say, he's definitely made a statement. He's not only attractive, but extremely likable even when he had to play the bad man in the drama.


What I find so good about this drama is the fact that it's so relatable. Not the part where both my best friend and my ex-boyfriend's in love with me or anything. But the part where everyone should have a best friend (whether it be a guy or a girl) who's always there to hear you out and lend a shoulder when you cry. I feel like this has essentially been the best part of the drama. Whenever I watch this, I imagine myself and my best friend(s). Those who have heard me out and wiped my tears. It's true, everyone needs someone like that.


In the end, would I recommend this drama? Of course I would! 
It's definitely on the shorter end of dramas made in Taiwan (13 episodes) so it's an easy watch.
I do believe that the drama started out way better than it ended because the ending was too sudden.
But nevertheless, it's definitely worth 13+ hours of your time!


No comments:

Post a Comment