Monday, February 13, 2012

Drama Review: Office Girls 「小資女孩向前衝」

I recently started watching the drama Office Girls 小資女孩向前衝!
I didn't think I was going to like this drama at all at first, but I have to say, the cast won me over.

This drama is about a hardworking, poor girl 沈杏仁 Shen Xing Ren who, ever since graduating college, has worked hard every single day for four years in hopes of buying her and her mother their very own house in Taipei. Through her work, she meets 秦子奇 Qin Zi Qi, the son of the owner of JingShi Bai Huo (the place that Xing Ren works at). Zi Qi is an arrogant, pompous, and extremely materialistic first son who had just graduated with an MBA from a university in New York. As part of a bet with his father, the President of JingShi, Zi Qi is forced to sign a one-year contract with his father to work starting from the lowest level of JingShi as Xing Ren's assistant. He is not allowed to tell anyone that his father is the President nor can he get a penny from his home. To make matters worse, he is forced to live in a shabby apartment as neighbors with Xing Ren. Of course, like all dramas, they cannot stand each other at first but gradually start to fall in love...



Alice Ke (柯佳燕) as Shen Xing Ren
I'm not going to lie, I don't like her that much. I didn't like her in Monga and that image of her has stuck with me throughout the past year or so. Not that she isn't a good actress (because she is), but I just for some reason don't like her that much. But I have to say, the director's made a good choice in casting her, because she really does play out her role really well. The hardworking and poor girl, I can see it written all over her face.

Roy Chiu (邱澤) as Qin Zi Qi
I'm not going to lie about this either, I LOVE Roy. The first drama I've ever watched with him in it was Original Scent of Summer when he was still with Rainie Yang (waaay back when), but since then, I thought he was super cute. I have to admit, however, he looks the best in Office Girls because he finally got rid of his shaggy long beachy hair. (It really wasn't looking that amazing on him too). He is super good at acting and I was surprised at how funny he can be in this drama because he never stuck out to me as the funny type. I think he's slowly surpassing Mike He as an actor in my heart! This role was perfect for him because he was able to show off the funny side of him as well as the caring and emotional side. He's perfect!

李沛旭 as Shi Te Long
He's the manager of Xing Ren and Zi Qi's sector in the office. At first, I didn't like him because he seemed really annoying. But after a few episodes, I really have to admit, I started to like him more and more. He's absolutely hilarious and he is about 40% of why I watched the drama (the other 60% is for Roy Chiu of course). Every time there is a scene with Shi Te Long in it, I can't help but crack up and replay the scene multiple times until I can get over how funny it is. He's a really good actor who isn't afraid to make a fool of himself on camera. He is the reason why the drama is even funny at all and therefore, he's a huge part of the drama and why I love it!

Tia Li (李毓芬) as Zheng Kai Er
Of course in every drama, there has to be the "evil woman" and here she is. In the beginning of the drama, everyone would comment about how beautiful she is because she is indeed very pretty. But as the drama goes on, people start hating on her and the comments would consist of how annoying and what a bitch she is. That of course, means that she succeeded in acting her part as the evil one. Tia has acted in other dramas before but I never paid attention to them because I didn't really care for her, but I have to say, she's actually not too shabby of an actress. And she looks very pretty on screen, that's for sure! I'm constantly oscillating between hating her or pitying her, still haven't decided yet..

郭書瑤 as Liu Yu Le (Le Le)
The best friend, the cute one, the best friend. I like her, I do. Her voice is just extremely high pitched. But I don't hate it, I just think it's too loud. But I like her character, it's cute, and sometimes a little too 雞婆

Overall, yes I recommend this drama. It's hilarious when it's supposed to be funny, and extremely sad when it's supposed to be emotional. I definitely feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster with this drama. I have to admit, however, the end does get a little draggy because apparently it was supposed to end at episode 16 but due to popular demand, they extended it to episode 23. The extension has definitely dragged out the drama. But overall, the first 80% of it is extremely well-played and exciting to watch.

It's a fun watch drama. There's nothing extremely personal or harsh in the drama that makes it hard to watch.

Finally, here's a cute picture of Zi Qi and Shi Te Long's interaction!
They are the cutest :')

-----Edit
The drama just ended this past Sunday, and I have to say the ending to this was by far my favorite. Some dramas end strangely, and some end without any further notice. What I love about this one was that it actually ended appropriately--meaning it was not rushed and well played out. The ending gives a nice conclusion to every single person and their standings and truly showed that true love goes on. I have to say, I'm sad it ended, but I'm happy that it ended so nicely. Props to the director and producers!

No comments:

Post a Comment